NYC Accidentally Releases Convicted Attempted Cop-Attacker from Prison!

Estimated read time 2 min read

Police sources say that an inmate who was released from a Manhattan jail by accident after being found guilty of shooting at two Queens police officers more than ten years ago is now back on the streets. Sources told The Post that Antonio Olmeda, 65, was wrongfully let out of the Metropolitan Detention Center on Wednesday.

According to sources in the US Marshals Service, he was caught and sent back to jail on Saturday morning. Olmeda got 20 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree attempted murder in 2016. He tried to kill NYPD Officers Stephen Denisi and Matthew Ferrara while they were patrolling Jackson Heights in 2011.

Police say that since he’s been locked up, he’s also made many threats to hurt judges and a US attorney. When the two police officers approached Olmeda on December 2, 2011, he was known for wearing a fake beard, hat, trench coat, and glasses. He pulled a gun out of his pocket, wouldn’t take his hands off of them, and fired three shots.

NYC Accidentally Releases Convicted Attempted Cop-Attacker From Prison

Related: Turkey and Mayor Adams’ Campaign Face FBI Scrutiny: What You Should Know!

Woman Killed in Fatal Hit-and-Run on Bronx’s Bruckner Expressway: Heartbreaking News!

Denisi and Ferrara were lucky not to be hit, but one of the bullets went through a window of a nearby dentist’s office and into a room full of kids waiting to see the dentist. After weeks, Olmeda was caught because police matched his DNA to the fake hair on his face that fell off as he ran away.

He was caught with a “hit list” in his pocket and was on his way to kill his lawyer when he was caught. According to the court, Olmeda was also given 12 years in federal jail after police found more than 20 illegal firearms, such as machine guns and rifles, in his Yonkers storage unit.

NYC Accidentally Releases Convicted Attempted Cop-Attacker from Prison

Olmeda was caught with a flamethrower and pipe bombs in 1995 after being arrested. Not long after the 9/11 attacks, he was also caught with guns and bomb-making supplies. He was locked up for 18 months but denied planning an attack.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours